Frequently Asked Questions
At Sinfonia Photo, we invite your questions and look forward to discussing your individual projects. Below are a few of the questions most frequently asked by our customers. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 732-271-7369/7358.
How do I change the ribbon in my printer?
1) Remove ribbon from box
2) Remove packaging and tape over ribbon
3) Open the printer in order to access ribbon area. You must remove the scrap tray and paper tray, then use lower lever to open printer
4) The ribbon spools are color coded and match up to the spool holders inside the printer
5) Once the ribbon is loaded, close the printer drawer and ribbon will begin to wind into place
6) Printer is now ready to use
S1245 - Travel case to use?
We recommend the Pelican 1660 case as a low cost option for safely transporting the printer.
Shipping / Transporting the Printer
Do not ship or transport the printer with media (Ribbon or Paper) in the printer.
Also, remove any paper slugs before transporting. Failure to remove the media may result in internal damage to the printer.
How do I change the paper in my printer? (For CS2, CE1)
1) Remove paper roll from box
2) Locate the Pull tab and make sure the arrow is pointing down
3) With the arrow pointing down, make sure to align the paper spools to color match with the printer
4) Remove the pull tab and feed paper in until paper feed light is activated
5) Close paper door and 3 to 4 sheets will feed through and cut
6) Paper is now loaded correctly and printer is ready to print
How do I properly clean my printer?
1) Clean the thermal print head with an alcohol swab. - (Isopropyl alcohol must be used, which is 95% alcohol or higher)
2) Clean the surface of the rubber rollers with alcohol swab: - Platen Roller - Paper Feed Rollers
3) Clean the front of the peeling plate and ribbon mark sensor reflector with alcohol swab
4) Blow out paper dust inside the printer and fans with compressed air
What comes with the printer?• Printer
• Power Cord
• USB Cable
• Driver CD
• Print Tray (CS2 Only)
• Operation Manual
• Scrap Tray
• Paper spool holders (White & Blue)
• Spool spacers for 5x7 media kit